Andrew Garfield in Martin Scorsese’s Silence (via Screenrant)
About the Film
Role: Father Sebastião Rodrigues, a Jesuit priest searching for his mentor, Father Cristóvão Ferreira (Liam Neeson), in 17th-century Japan
U.S. Distributor: Paramount Pictures
U.S. Release Date: TBD
U.S. Box Office: N/A
Why? He came thisclose to a nod for The Social Network (2009). Now that he’s back in the prestige game, maybe this historical drama from Martin Scorsese can snag him that first nomination.
Why not? Internal competition with Adam Driver? Garfield’s post-Social Network endeavors – Spidey, anyone? – have hardly impressed.
Ranking: No. 4 as of Mar. 27, 2016
- Best Picture 2016: Silence
- Best Director 2016: Martin Scorsese for Silence
- Best Actor 2016: Adam Driver for Silence
- Best Supporting Actor 2016: Liam Neeson for Silence
- Best Supporting Actor 2016: Issei Ogata for Silence
- Best Adapted Screenplay 2016: Jay C*cks for Silence