A photo of Kristen Stewart as she appears in Olivier Assayas’ Personal Shopper (via The Playlist)
About the Film
Role: Maureen, a personal shopper dealing with trauma induced by a death in the family
- Cannes Film Festival (May 17, 2016) – World Premiere; In Competition
- Toronto International Film Festival (Sept. 8, 2016)
- New York Film Festival (Oct. 7, 2016)
- London Film Festival (Oct. 10, 2016)
U.S. Distributor: IFC Films
U.S. Release Date: Mar. 10, 2017 (limited)
U.S. Box Office: TBD
Why? A critical darling for 2015’s Clouds of Sils Maria, Stewart teams up with Olivier Assayas once again. Many thought last year would be her big Oscar break, and it… didn’t quite work out.
Why not? The early release will probably hurt, and the divisive reaction at Cannes doesn’t help, either. Oscar’s genre bias may hurt – especially for something that may not have Deadpool-like numbers.
Ranking: No. 26 as of Mar. 30, 2016
See also (coming soon):
- Best Actress 2016: Kristen Stewart for Café Society
- Best Supporting Actress 2016: Kristen Stewart for Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk