Nate Parker as he appears in the trailer for his directorial debut, The Birth of a Nation
Searchlight boasts a seemingly formidable contender in Nate Parker’s rebellion drama The Birth of a Nation, but will the specialty distrib acquire even more contenders on the festival circuit?
Top Priorities (We’re Guessing)
- The Birth of a Nation (Nate Parker; Oct. 7, 2016)
- Wilson (Craig Johnson; TBD)
- A Bigger Splash (Luca Guadagnino; May 4, 2016 – limited)
- Demolition (Jean-Marc Vallée; Apr. 8, 2016)
- Absolutely Fabulous: The Movie (Mandie Fletcher; July 22, 2016 – limited)